This beautiful Dinosaur Kale Salad not only looks beautiful, it is healthy and tastes amazing too. I have brought this salad to many potlucks and it is always a crowd pleaser. It should be made a couple of hours in advance to allow the Dinosaur kale to soften a bit.
Use all organic ingredients when possible
- 1 bunch Dinosaur kale, washed, and shredded very thin
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots cut into ½ circles
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1 cup thinly shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup organic extra virgin cold press olive oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened brown organic rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. palm sugar
- 2 Tbsp. raw sesame seeds
- Sea salt to taste
Wash and de-vein kale. Cut into very thin shreds. Place in bowl with shredded red cabbage, thinly sliced carrots and diced red peppers.
Mix all dressing ingredients together and pour over salad. Let salad sit for several hours to soften.
Roast pumpkin seeds in a cast iron pan until golden brown, making sure they do not burn. Mix into salad or sprinkle just before serving.